"Twas the week after Christmas, when all through the house
3 "littles" were stirring, all through the house;
Well technically 2, coz the third I am told
Is a "sesame seed", and 7 weeks old.
The children aren't nestled all snug in their beds.
They're munching on canes off the tree, here, instead
And mamma, (that's me) is fighting a fever,
A cold and "sea-sickness"; will it ever leave her??
When out in my mind's eye a vision I see
Of things yet to come, of good things to be
Away now I fly to June and July,
2011, the year flies on by...
The year on the tracks of the new-fallen snow
Gives life new beginnings, a new start to know.
For when the bells ring, at the end of the year
A new one begins, one that for me holds no fear.
What then does it hold? What then will it bring?
What do I see coming? Will it make my heart sing?
Will it bring to me gladness? Joy? Pain and Sorrow?
What then will it bring me, this brand new tomorrow?
I know not the whole, not even the part
Of all the adventures upon which I start.
Who will I meet? Someone foreign, or new?
And what will life bring me? I have not a clue!
But this I do know, my life will go on...
And I will embrace each day with a song.
When tough days come calling, when the winds on me blow,
My God will be with me; He is now, I know.
My way may be hard, but I'll lift up my head.
My Redeemer is coming, and "God is not dead!".
The road may be steep, the sights may seem high,
But Jesus is with me, my God does not lie!
My "littles" will see a year full of hope!
When they look at me, they will ne'er see a mope
Of despondence, of doubt, of despair - nay, no more!!
Only a mother who o'er it will soar!
Not on my own strength! Course not, how could I?!
But Jesus, He knows. And for me, He did die.
A lifetime of promise He has planned for me.
And not just for me, but for my family tree!
So, here's to the New Year! Here's to THE Friends!
Here's to the year that soon is at end!
Here's to the future - with hope that's so bright!
Happy New Year to all - and to all a good night!
3 years ago
5 comments:
Love this! Hope the third little starts behaving soon and lets you eat once again! =)
So excited for you, my friend! I can't wait to make friends with your third "little"! Hoping for a girl!!! :D And that you'll be well and strong!! xx
Love your poem-awesome! And CONGRATULATIONS!!! So hoping you feel better soon!
Love this Roshini! Thanks for the hope you radiate:)
Thanks for your words of hope!
I love all of your "littles".
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Post a Comment