WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!

Here is a little taste of our heaven on earth!
Thank you for stopping in! We'd love to know you've been here!
Have a wonderful day!

July 5, 2010

"I come from a land from a far away place...."

I actually do! And although I've never been at risk of having my nose cut off for my lack of good looks (at least I don't know of any such occasion), I hadn't realized how far away it was, till my latest little fly-in-fly-back a month ago. (Thanks Wahlad)

My motherland welcomed me with open arms, a lush airport ('twas pretty amazing), distinct whiffs, LOUD horns, masses of Gentiles, and 3 very good friends (aged 15 to 50), not to mention a man holding a sign with my name on it! The only thing missing was James and my 2 littles (Next time or bust!)

The car ride home was not bereft of experience, rich - not all pleasant. I will say no more. Nevertheless, one thing I must add, the driving prowess of the chauffeur was pretty umm ...shall we say skillful?! I'm glad it was him, not me doing the driving - I don't believe I have ever seen the like.!

Home was smaller than I remember it - everything was scaled down by 65% at least, of what I remembered it to be. The roads were so much narrower, the houses more moderate in size and appearance, the back-roads were almost non existent.How did I ever maneuver in between a lady laden with a brass pot balanced daintily on her head, a crowd of kids playing cricket, parked motor-vehicles, abandoned baskets of goods, stuttering motor-vehicles, enthusiastic bicyclists, sleepy cud-chewing bovines, and the milkman, on a 40 cc 2 wheeler with an approximate road width of not more than 10 feet? I do not know. I try not to think about it. I must have been skilled. However the aforementioned monster of a 4-wheeler's chauffeur possessed even greater skills! Coz he did the same and didn't take any lives; Neither did he damage any property! I will not go so far as to take off my hat to him, but I will not speak derogatorily of his driving as a tribute to his umm.. shall we call it fortitude at the wheel.?!

One would have thought this was the summary of the trip, and it was only the first 4 hours!

From then on everything could have faded in comparison! Fortunately there was more! Whether it got better or worse I have no clue - guess it depends on the perspective.

The family was a highlight - My dad's 60th birthday highlighted the highlight. The friends made it even better. Old friends, school friends, church friends, music friends, college friends, good friends! It did me good to see them all, every single one of them! An integral part of a life I lived.

Today, my living circumstances are altered, my surroundings are quieter, my food has less chilli and more cheese, my house is 3 floors instead of one, I operate a 7-seater, not a 2-wheeler (though the seating capacity of the 2 wheeler is questionable:), my family is larger, I do more choir than piano, I write more than I read, I travel more than I had ever dreamed,
AND I have friends - old friends, school friends, church friends, music friends, college friends, GOOD FRIENDS!

So, in closing I quote:
"Friends I will remember you, think of you, pray for you.
And when another day is through, I'll still be friends with you."




PS: I do not necessarily proclaim to be a fan of this you-tube video.
However, I do enjoy the song and thought it appropriate with the end of the post.
Hence I added it on.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

And I'm glad to have you for a friend! Can't wait to see you and yours again! Cool post and I can't even imagine driving that obstacle course! lol

In God We Trust! said...

'twasn't an obstacle course! the guy would squeeze through multiple trucks as he was a gummi worm, then finding now way out around the shoulder for lack of space and high drop off cliff on the other side, he'd resverse, do a k turn and go right back the way he came and then try on the opposite side! I KID YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was kinda extra thankful for angels that trip!

Maria said...

Garsh...

Angelina said...

I love you Roshina and I'm so glad we're friends...You've been like another home away from home. :) and I'm thankful....