





April - May were busy months - May being the busiest..!! Every weekend was taken and then some ! Somewhere in the midst of it all, James and I grabbed some KFC (my favorite American fast food !! Tuesdays - $1.99 menu :) and drove to Silver Lake - Found a mini-pavilion, and enjoyed our leisurely meal, while Mark slept - strolled around. I found this very odd threesome - they were 3 different kinds of ducks , but they were friends and hung out together . Tried to get a picture, but the white one was kinda wary...and me not looking forward to the prospect if being pecked, did not push the mattter !
One of those days was our annual church yard sale - in the yard between Ben and Mel's and Teresa's...:) I was the burger cum hotdog hand-out person - till Tina came and took over. Was fun and I even found some good deals myself ! Talk about buying your own junk!
Then came the BIG HAIRCUT ! i know , i know ...he's already had half a dozen haircuts (no kidding ) but nothing on this scale !! Kris - the neighborhood baby-sitter-cum-hair-cutter -cum for-real-twin came by...and with Ange as chief entertainer and me as the official hold-the-baby-downer...we were ready for it !! Not sure what Mark thought - for the first part , he was in a daze and the last part when he decided it was time to wriggle - it was too late, I had mastered every wrestling tackle and hold there was (as far as little babies go )! It was very entertaining , I must say - and hey Mark got his coolest haircut ever ! We love you KRIS!
We also visited Ed and Delores and the kids. Mark was very quiet to begin with...He brightened up a bit later and played with Connor's toys....And then they played together some.. Connor was so CUTE ! He was trying to get me to open the media shelf for him - and we had this whole conversation going !! Was hilarious !
And then we drove up to Victory with Isaac - and the Ellefsens followed. It was one of the most festive trips ever I must say and it took us like 8 and a half hours instead of our usual 6 and a half (depending on who's driving!!! hint hint Stephan! ) And then at the traditional Krispy Kreme stop at Clark's Summit , mom and dad drove up !! Was cool :) Notice how Im running out of adjectives - I rewrote the previous sentence at least 5 times ...really ...I guess Im more AMERICAN - ised than I realise :) I'm not complaining .. I'm lovin' it ! :P
Guess thats all for this time... I was hoping to catch up with June. but doesn't look like that's happening any time soon - so Im just going to have to take it as it comes :)
Take care guys and have an awesome summer !
ps:
Miss you Teresa ... have an is-kaffé at Café Mocca for me! Hope you're having a good time Ange. If I could I'd envy you ..but I don't - just happy for you.:) There's nothing better than spending the summer at Verdens Beste Sted ! Unless of course it's being home , here where the sun 'n sand is...., here in our very own DE!
2 comments:
awww... the pictures were gone so fast! So nice to see them though!!! Thanks again, Roshini, for your updates!
Wishing you too a good summer conference!
Loved the pictures, as always!! I loved hearing about all your trips and stops.Did you hear we made our own Krispy Kremes here for Alag? It was cool! I will have an is-kaffe for you...wish it was WITH you though. :D Have an awesome summer!!! Love you!
Post a Comment