


I now know why its "Almost heaven, West Virginia..."..!And i also know why people paint mountains BLUE and in 3 layers !!! I never got that before, I mean everyone knows that mountains are brown and green only, Right ?? WRONG !
I saw them - and they WERE BLUE TOO !!
And in 3 shades of blue, just like one of the desktop screensaver things in Windows, or maybe its in the sample pictures that comes with Windows - I'm guessing some of you at least know what Im referring to ....
Hmm...I never stop learning :)
James took me to Virginia a few weekends ago - a little holiday before the baby comes.. It was beyootiful !!
We did a tour of the stalactite and stalagmite formations at the Luray Caverns Friday evening - it reminded me a little bit of the Catacombs in Ancient Rome.
Also took a dekko around this vintage car museum that they had on site - didn't quite see the connection between caverns and cars, apart from the fact that they both begin with a "C" but hey , 'twas kinda neat! I still like our VW Jetta Wagon better tho' :)
And Saturday we drove down Skyline Drive - I didn't get carsick and I enjoyed every bit of it...!! including the mountain storm that we got caught in on the way back home - I could've just sat and watched the mountains and the clouds wift in and out ... heaven didn't seem that far away..
We also stopped and trekked down to the "most easily accessible" waterfall - on this trail that was abt 1.2 miles - it was more than worth it ! Some of the pictures were taken at the waterfall ! Others are on the way down there ...
I'm looking forward to going back already. You never know - especially since, "WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES " ..!!!
3 comments:
hi roshini,
thanks for dropping by and commenting on my post. i hope that we can use blogger as a means of getting better acquainted with one another.looking fwd to your updates!
with warm regards,
kesi
Hi, James and Roshini! Noticed your website - hope you all are doing fine!
When you drove down Skyline Drive, you went within a few miles of my mother, who lives in Harrisonburg, Virginia!
Will you be at the Fall Conference in October? I hope to be there, and maybe will see you...
Daniel Strubhar
Hi James and Roshini!
Congratualtions with the baby! We saw pics at Theresas webpage, he looked so cute!
Hope you are all doing well :o)
Lots of love
Post a Comment